Who loves color!? I recently attended a Sherwin Williams event and wanted to share some cool insights from their ColorMix Forecast for 2018! I think you will find the three color palettes and their influencers both thought-provoking and very telling about colors that will be popular in 2018. Below each palette you’ll see pictures of a mood-board that will help you visualize …
So let’s begin, the first color palette is around Sincerity. What does that mean? Here are some things that influenced the Sincerity palette, which mostly consists of sands, grays, and botanicals:
· Less is more as we’re decluttering our homes and spaces
· Silence is no longer empty, but appreciated and welcomed
· Mindfulness and meditation will be utilized more; people need to disconnect from their busy lives
· Reading spaces in homes will be more popular, and white noise. People will need time to disconnect.
· People will be practicing Hygge, which is simply a Danish ritual of enjoying life’s simple pleasures. Examples related to color/décor: calm colors, candles, snuggly bedding, a roaring fireplace, reading nooks, and natural materials
· And my favorite quote regarding the Sincerity color palette: “Blending in is the new Standing Out”
· Some key finishes that relate to this color palette: Warm metallics (brass), Wood, Smooth brushed surfaces, Mixed metals, Frosted glass, Marbled surfaces, and plush tactility
The second color palette is focused on Connectivity, and this palette mostly consists of oranges, violets, greens, and yellows. Here are the influencers to this palette:
· Geometry and data (data powers most of our decisions)
· The internet of things, techies and virtual reality
· People using both instinct and insight (data)
· More micro-living and making beautiful food
· Some key finishes related to this color palette: metallic mirrors, 1970’s lacquer, retro vibes, changing stripes, tile direction changes, fresh triangles, and grid lines
And last but not least, the third color palette is focused on Unity, of which many pops of peacock color are included. The Sherwin-Williams color of the year is actually in this palette, Oceanside. Here are some of the influencers of this palette:
· People are craving both security and adventure equally
· We’re refocused on our sense of community and persisting in optimism
· Airbnb, Uber, and e-learning have created a culture of everyday nomadism
· We’re roaming through mixes of trends and styles
· Key finishes related to the Unity color palette: muted colors, tassels and knots, rustic yarns, chunky weaves, new directions for hardwood floors, natural crafts, folk patterns
Hope you enjoyed this information on the influencers to colors in 2018. Do any of these color palettes appeal to you and if so why? Feel free to comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Finally, color is a key ingredient in both home staging and redesign, which is why it’s helpful to have a certified color consultant help you choose colors in your home. I can help you with this; please call or email me at (770) 366-2408 or [email protected] for more information.
If you enjoyed this blog and want to be the first to be notified of new posts, please subscribe here: